Thank you and Welcome to Dream a Little Dream WeddingsWedding Officiant and Wedding Planning and Coordinating
I hope you can find everything you need when you looking at hiring Dream a Little Dream Weddings. I am focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction - I will do everything I can to meet your expectations and beyond. With Dream a Little Dream Weddings you will find more than an Officiant; you get someone who is willing to step in and help wherever the need arises, I.e. Planning questions, referrals to vendors, lending a hand wherever it is needed. And most of all a friend who listens to you as you plan for your big day; and a marriage and family Counselor with a Masters degree. But do not let all of that make you think this girl does not have a good sense of humor.
With a variety of offerings to choose from as in Wedding ceremony choices, packages including Planning and Coordination in addition payment options; I am sure you'll be happy working with me. Look around my website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me.
I would also like to take the time to do a bit of wedding education about Virginia wedding officiant laws; first off being ordained in the State of Virginia is NOT enough; everyone must be court authorized by a Circuit Court in Virginia! ONLINE Ordinations are NOT allowed in Virginia!! Then you have people like me who are Ordained but work as a Commissioner of Marriage, which I am a Lifer meaning I have been sworn in by the courts for life. If you do not hire me, please make sure you do your homework on your officiant; reviews, licensing, how they do their scheduling, how many weddings they have done, is this their full-time job or part-time (this makes a difference, Full-timers put you guys first and part-timers are more likely to cancel if something better comes up). There is a difference between a basic officiant which is someone who has a standard two or three ceremonies to choose from and only shows up for the ceremony and you never see or hear from them again and a full service officiant; I am a full service officiant meaning;
1) I take the time to get to know you
2) I will customize your ceremony to fit YOU the couple and I offer over 50 various templates to start with
3) I am always available to take your calls, emails, skypes (unless I am in my pajamas and have not brushed my hair, or you can take your chance with being scared and I take your skype), Facebook not just my business page, but my personal Facebook page! On the other hand, I am doing a wedding, which I am not talking to you! hehehe
4) I want to know you and I want to be around for that 10-year anniversary when you decide to renew your vows.
5) When you are expecting your first child together I want to be able to send a congrats!
6) Your rehearsal, I do NOT just stand there with my papers; I jump in and help line everyone up, take time with the small children to make sure they are not afraid, walk them down the aisle and back up the isle and then back down the aisle until they are all happy with what they are supposed to be doing!
7) I will NOT overcharge you and sure, I am not the cheapest; nor am I the most expensive!
8) I do not double book my days, when you book me, you get me the entire day! I know sometimes weather happens, flat tires, cold feet, and a host of other emergencies! This is why we call the emergencies, we do not plan for them!
9) I am also a Master?s level marriage and family counselor. I am there for you if you have things that arise during your pre-wedding preparation process (and believe me there will be situations where you will need an ear or a voice of reason and I do NOT charge for my time because I truly care about you).
10) I will NEVER force my beliefs or traditions on you; it is YOUR day! Moreover, I am here to support your choices even if your family does not like them; I am here to back your choices up!
11) No matter how terribly corny my jokes are they are free, the stupider they are then there is a chance I may charge for them ;) (Just kidding)
So, The next step for you to take is to get in touch with me via Phone or Email and let?s talk about HOW we can make your Dreams Come True!
I hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!
To say Kim is amazing is an understatement. I was having the worst luck finding someone to marry us and 30 days before the wedding I was in full-on panic mode. My (now) husband found her online and sent her an email and she even called and talked to me that night at 11pm on my way home from work. We booked her right then and there. We had an instant connection and with a stroke of luck she was available for our wedding AND our rehearsal despite the short time frame. I tried for months to find someone like Kim that had the experience but also the professionalism and compassion that she does. It was important to me to have someone marry us that cared about who we were and she made me feel like a friend instead of just a client. She even directed me to an amazing hair and makeup team (who by chance also knew our photographer which made our wedding day that much more personal. I felt like we were being taken care of by friends instead of by people we had just met).Kim gave me different options for ceremonies that would work for us or ideas but she wrote a perfect and personal ceremony that had friends of ours that never cry at weddings tearing up. She was there at 2 in the morning to chat and calm my nerves when I was panicking over whatever aspect of the wedding that was stressing me that night and when she came to our rehearsal dinner she fit in with everyone just like family. She was ALWAYS there to answer questions that I had in regards not only to the ceremony but in regards to the wedding itself and to offer advice or just to listen as I ranted.I would recommend her a thousand times over and I can't explain how grateful we are to have gained such an amazing person in our lives. She's become one of my close friends and not only do we love her but so did our guests. I had so many people tell me later how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they loved getting to know her. She was just what we needed at the perfect time.
That is what brought you here...
This builds dreams...
Dreams coming True...
This is your dream becoming a reality...